The PA Chapter strives to ensure child victims of abuse, regardless of where they live, have quick and easy access to the important services provided by a Children's Advocacy Center (CAC). To achieve this goal, we support the development of CACs in underserved areas. Along with National Children’s Alliance and the Northeast Regional Children's Advocacy Center, we are here to help.
After a working committee or task force of key individuals has been established, determine the following:
- Who will take leadership roles?
- What is the extent of abuse in your community?
- What is your vision statement and mission statement?
- Who is your target demographic for services and how will you work with them in ways that are culturally relative?
- Which elements of the CAC model will be employed?
- What will your interagency agreement look like and how will you go about obtaining commitments from the various agencies?
- What will be your organizational structure?
- Which services will be offered on-site or through referrals?
- Where will be the location of the CAC and what will be your design to meet the child-friendly standards?
- What are your staffing needs and agency roles?
- What will be your Multidisciplinary team protocol to ensure effective and efficient collaboration?
- What will be your sources for ongoing support?
- Individual consultation
- Peer consultation and review
- Mentoring programs
- Educational meetings/presentations
- General support