We’re helping lead the fight for safe and healthy childhoods in our state.
We are Children’s Advocacy Centers of Pennsylvania—PennCAC for short—and are proud to be an accredited State Chapter with National Children’s Alliance, a network of more than 900 Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs) nationwide.
Established in 2007, we represent 41 county-based CACs across Pennsylvania. Our mission is to promote and support the development, growth, and continuation of the multidisciplinary approach and Children’s Advocacy Centers for the protection of Pennsylvania’s children.
How do we do that?
- We provide specialized training in child abuse response to CAC staff and their multidisciplinary team partners
- We facilitate focused peer support for CAC leaders, forensic interviewers, and victim advocates to share information and grow professionally
- We help CACs prepare for accreditation to ensure they meet national standards
- We assist developing CAC programs to improve the delivery of a collaborative model of care in areas where CAC services are limited or non-existent
- We raise public awareness about the problem of child abuse and support survivors of all ages
- We promote the CAC model and advocate for policies to strengthen a collaborative response to allegations of child abuse in our state