UPMC Child Advocacy Center of Central PA
- Job ID: 904986692
- Status: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours: 8:00A-4:30P with flexibility
- Shift: Day Job
- Facility: Pinnacle Health Medical Services – Specialty
- Department: CAC Home Cost Center
- Location: 2645 North Third Street, Harrisburg PA 17110
- Union Position: No
- Salary Range: $28.82 to $45.03 / hour
The purpose of this job is to provide independent clinical treatment services to the targeted populations. This is an outpatient treatment program designed to service patients with a mental health diagnosis who meet dimensions for outpatient and/or partial hospitalization treatment criteria.
- Maintains daily records of clinical productivity in the program as instructed.
- Provides individual and group therapy to patients in the program(remove word program) home, school, community settings and engages families in the assessment and treatment processes when indicated. Provides education to patients on recovery as appropriate.
- Participates in regular treatment team meetings to discuss clinical cases, review and update patient treatment plans, monitor therapeutic progress and initiate recommendations for referral and continuing care.
- Utilizes a relevant and evidence based treatment approach in the context of the program as appropriate.
- Conducts assessments of new patients using the identified format for documentation and clinical decisions regarding treatment, interventions and referrals, as instructed. Implements, improves, and adapts concepts, models, and constructs of treatment for application in service delivery to patients.
- Creates a treatment plan that includes an effective continuum of therapeutic, supportive and other services for the patients a variety and complexity of needs serviced by the program.
- Participates in the regulatory and licensure preparation activities on an ongoing basis with program leadership.
- Independently demonstrates competency in management of administrative responsibilities associated with patient care with minimal supervision. This may include but not be limited to caseload management, group census, and other administrative tasks.
- Documents all assessments, treatment sessions, contacts, case management and other work done on behalf of patients according to guidelines.
- Grows clinical skills by learning and implementing new treatment approaches on a regular basis.
- Reviews cases and/or groups periodically, as well as serious clinical patient condition changes with supervisor and other clinical personnel as indicated.
- Completes clinical documentation on the same day of service delivery and provides clinical information to patient access representative personnel and insurance providers to ensure authorization for services.
- Participates in the mentoring of student interns.
- Participates in the quality assurance and performance improvement activities of the program.
- Assesses changing needs of patients per guidelines for outpatient, and/or partial hospitalization programs, community and school based programs, and incorporates these into treatment plan and treatment plan review.
- Discusses need for additional services with the clinical team to determine appropriateness of recommendations. Refers patients to other levels of care, community based self-help programs for recovery or other community social or human services as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Education in school counseling, or related field required.
- Two years of clinical experience diagnosing and treating behavioral and psychiatric conditions required.
- Knowledge of psychiatric evaluation and assessment process, as well as application of current version of the DSM required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (LMFT) is required.
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Clinical Social Worker (CSW) OR Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist OR Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
To apply for this job please visit careers.upmc.com.